Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Every night on channel 11, KBYU channel, at 10:30 comes the show Perry Mason. Although this show is black and white and was made in the 1950's, I watch it faithfully every night. I love murder mysteries and law shows, books, and articles. One of my favorite authors is Agatha Christie, who writes murder mysteries and created the famous Hercule Poirot and Miss Marble. I grew up without television, but I was familiar with the show Law and Order. I really liked this show and would watch it when I got the chance. When I got married and my husband and I moved to Wymount and got cable, I started watching Law and Order and other criminal investigation shows. Every time I'd watch these, I would get so scared and I hated hearing the details of the murder and even sometimes seeing the victim. But I loved watching how the investigators would solve the mystery and how their thought processes worked. I still would get very scared and always left the shows with an empty and negative feelings. Well one night I was flipping through the channels and found Perry Mason. I watched an episode and discovered that there was no details on the murders and the murders never involved rape, incest, or other disturbing murders. Not that I approve of murder, but these murders weren't  violent, inhumane, and horrific. Usually the murders were unintentional and happened with a gun or something. Then they don't show the body and even if they did it is in black and white so you can't see anything. Then Perry Mason, the famous lawyer who defends the accused, always discovers the real murder and wins the case. It always ends like this. Now I know this isn't a portrayal of the real world and lawyers winning every time, and the guilty always coming out and confessing, but it fills my interest in murder mysteries without leaving me scared to death and viewing the world as a dangerous scary place. Therefore, I recommend Perry Mason to anyone and look forward to watching another episode tonight at 10:30 on KBYU/PBS channel.

1 comment:

  1. I have never ever watched Perry Mason but have heard lots of good things about it! And who doesn't love a "clean" murder, right?!?

    ReplyDelete