Thursday, May 3, 2012

Today as I was driving to the doctors, I turned on some music for me and my boys to listen too. As I turned the song up, I was amazed at how the song influenced my boys. Even thought they were in their car seats, I watched them through the mirror as the up beat song played. They moved their bodies back and forth and would smile at me, especially when I would make dance moves at stoplights. It is so interesting to me how at a young age, media is already affecting children. I know we talked about this in lecture, I just saw it proven in real life. Music definitely affects babies and children. When I changed the song to a slower, more classical song, they calmed down and became somber. This experience and the lecture in class has really taught me the power of media-particularly music-media and how I need to be careful to what I expose my kids to and myself.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. We were coming home from California over spring break. and my older girls had on their upbeat music that was a little obnoxious. The younger two were out of control! My husband had enough finally, and he turned the radio off. They all went to sleep and I drove in peace and quiet. It's amazing the influence it has on people and their moods. On a side note, your boys are adorable! Such a cute family....!

    ReplyDelete