Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Yesterday in class we talked about books and their influence in people's lives. I was so shocked to hear about all the trash that is in books, especially the books for teenagers. Our professor showed one book for "older" teens that had like 47 "f" words in it! I couldn't believe it. We then talked about how their should be a rating system for books. I totally agree with this! I think that the rating system should be for content in books. If I as a mom knew that my teenage son or daughter read a book with that much language in it, I would be absolutely furious! And not only is the language bad, there is lots of sexuality and drugs use in some of these books. Some of these books are worse than rated r movies! So I totally think that we should have a public policy for these books.

2 comments: